Monday, August 24, 2009

bassackwards already? [Ash]

I was really NOT feeling this whole running thing, but I was sort of committed-- I DID sleep in my sports bra, after all. So I put on my running shoes, grabbed my cranky baby and stuck him in the dusty jogging stroller (good mommy moment, I did check for spiders first). I grabbed my watch and a water bottle and headed out.

I almost died a few times, had to pep talk myself out loud and actually had a couple of altercations with myself starting around minute 13, but I did make it without cheating (okay, once, I walked 30 extra seconds). The running trail around my neighborhood is asphalt, and I avoided streets that only had concrete, so hopefully I won't injure the hell out of myself any time soon, but the down side of the running trail is that it's all adventurous and outdoorsy and shit-- lots of hills and twists. Fine and good when you're on your own, but pushing a 25 lb sack of lead... er, I mean my sweet adorable son up and down those hills was probably amusing to watch to say the least. I definitely recall growling a few times on my way up the hill and then, "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"-ing my way down trying not to let the stroller go careening off into the crossroad, as much as I wanted to ditch the stroller and just finish the damn run on my own. Precious cargo and all that jazz.

I get home after my cool down, all sweaty and hot and triumphant, sit on my couch, then realize the hot and sweaty would just not do (my couch and I do have a love affair going, duh, how else could I be a couch potato?), so I flopped onto the floor with a huge sigh. My 10 month old took this as a clear sign to start crawling all over me, as if my tshirt wasn't stuck to me enough.

OH, AND, I realized, hours later, that I had my walk-run times BACKWARDS. I was supposed to jog for 60 seconds, walk 90 and, well, I flipped it. That may explain why I was so pathetic. But at any rate, now I feel at least mildly hardcore for getting through more than I was supposed to. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Note to self, drink more water. I could feel the Coke coming out of my pores. At least that could have made me look tannish, instead of pale and pasty as per usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment