Saturday, August 29, 2009

take that week one! [Ash]


Well, I'm a day late, but I finished week one of the program! I've decided that with the hectic life I lead, I really can't beat myself up too badly if I miss a day, as long as I make it up the first chance that I get and don't stop.

I ran today and actually pushed myself a bit (not too hard but enough to hurt a little at the end) and made some progress I think. I made it further before I wanted to die, I didn't have to pep talk myself quite as much (and not even out loud this time!), and when I hit halfway through my time to turn back around, I was further through my neighborhood than I had been thus far!

I'm not getting cocky, I know it does get harder, but tonight, I'm feeling good. Monday... I may cry. Or not, I reserve the right to shed some tears though.

I think it helps that I was being seranaded by my little boy. His nonsensical little songs kept me smiling the whole way, and when I'd look down to check my time, he'd be staring up at me through the peep hole in the top of the stroller. I could run to the end of the earth and back with that little running buddy. As long as there are no hills. Cause when we hit a hill, I contemplate how hurt he would really get if I just let go. Haha no one ever said I'd win mommy of the year here people.

No comments:

Post a Comment