Monday, August 24, 2009

Home Sweet Couch. [Bee]

Here marks Week 1 Day 1 of "Couch to 5k" (insert evil laugh). Let me just say for the record..I despise running, hence you won't find a track record in my background. But I've always been one for trying new things, and lets face it I live in California the weather is too nice to sit inside all day. Poor Ashley and her New York winters. And I need to tone these muscles.

I started my first workout with a 5 min warm up, 60 second walk and 90 second run for 20 minutes and 5 minute cool down but guess what my friends..it was a 90 second walk and 60 second run. That brought a whole new meaning to those read the directions lectures your teachers gave you right? Those extra 30 seconds is the difference between "that was a good workout" and "what the hell am I doing".

After the first ohh lets say 10 minutes I was looking for the nearest couch and can of coke(which I will not be giving up). I have no real plans to diet I just want to work out, I have no weight that needs to be gone, just some toning to do. So onto the workout..I was cool as a cucumber for awhile, breezing my way up and down my neighborhood like I was in the Triathlon. Now I knew that there some hills around here but those hills are mountains when your running up them out of shape. At the end I was just trying to find my house and get my shoes off.

I think I did good today, for the most part. After I got home and cooled off I was feeling good about myself and I am excited to start my 5k training, and even more excited Ash is in it with me. Stay tuned for later posts when I am hating life.

No comments:

Post a Comment